Although we at the Vein & Cosmetic Center of Tampa Bay are more than happy to answer any questions you may have, we have noticed many people have similar questions. For your convenience, we have compiled the following list of frequently asked questions. The questions below cover most of our cosmetic procedures, ranging from vein removal to acne treatment. If you have additional queries or concerns, contact our Tampa, Florida office and arrange a free consultation with Jeffrey A. Hunt D.O., R.V.S., R.V.P.I.
Cosmetic Treatment FAQs
- Which procedures require numbing and how long do you numb for each?
- Is laser skin resurfacing right for me?
- What are the benefits of laser skin resurfacing?
- How many visits are required for these resurfacing treatments?
- What are the key differences between your cosmetic fillers?
- What is BOTOX® Cosmetic, what does it do, and how long do results typically last?
- What is Acoustic Wave Therapy™?
- What exactly is cellulite?
- What is Blu-U® acne treatment?
Cosmetic Treatment FAQs
Which procedures require numbing and how long do you numb for each?
- ResurFX® Laser Skin Resurfacing – One hour
- Cosmetic Fillers and Injectables – 20-30 minutes
- Photofacial™ – (numbing cream is optional)
Is laser skin resurfacing right for me?
Laser skin resurfacing may be appropriate for patients seeking treatment for discoloration, wrinkles, sun damage, acne marks, or other types of imperfections in skin appearance. Individuals with severe scarring may need to use additional scar revision techniques.
What are the benefits of laser skin resurfacing?
By removing dead, unhealthy skin and exposing a softer and younger-looking complexion, laser skin resurfacing treatments have proven to be an effective method of reversing sun damage and other tell-tale signs of aging. With laser skin resurfacing, Jeffrey A. Hunt D.O., R.V.S., R.V.P.I. can reduce facial wrinkles and fine lines, as well as correct scars and skin irregularities. Laser skin resurfacing may also reduce the appearance of acne scars, uneven pigmentation, and many other skin imperfections.
How many visits are required for these resurfacing treatments?
- ResurFX® Laser Skin Resurfacing – ResurFX® usually requires four treatments, performed two to three weeks apart.
- Harmony® Pixel Laser Skin Resurfacing – Harmony® usually requires four treatments, performed two to three weeks apart.
What are the key differences between your cosmetic fillers?
- Juvéderm™ is a temporary dermal filler that lasts up to one year per FDA. It can be used anywhere in the face, however its mostly used for nasolabial folds and the lips.
- Restylane® is a temporary filler that is primarily used for nasolabial folds and the lips. Results last ten to twelve months.
- Radiesse® can be used to correct smile lines, nasolabial folds, depressed cheeks and wrinkles around the nose and mouth. It typically lasts twelve to eighteen months.
- Sculptra™ is used as a volume filler throughout the face. It can be used to enhance cheekbones or for nasolabial folds. It usually requires three treatments spaced approximately five weeks apart. Since Sculptra™ builds up your own collagen, it lasts for several years.
- Juvéderm VOLUMA™ XC uses patented Vycross technology to add natural lift and volume to the cheek area for a younger, more refreshed look. Results can be seen immediately, and last for 18-24 months with optimal treatment.
- Restylane® Lyft is similar to Restylane®, but has a thicker consistency, allowing it to address deeper and more stubborn facial wrinkles more effectively. Patients generally maintain results for approximately 10-12 months.
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic, what does it do, and how long do results typically last?
BOTOX® Cosmetic relaxes facial muscles causing wrinkles and lines to disappear. The results typically last three to four months, although with repeated treatments, many areas last longer than this.
What is Acoustic Wave Therapy™?
Acoustic Wave Therapy™ utilizes sound waves to disrupt the tiny adhesions that cause the dimpled appearance of cellulite. It is very well tolerated and fast. Most people do six treatments done twice a week for three weeks. Final results are not seen until six weeks after the last treatment, however, most people will begin noticing improvement in their cellulite after approximately three or four treatments. How long results is partly going to depend on genetics, activity, and diet of the patient.
What exactly is cellulite?
Cellulite describes the dimpling of skin, typically on thighs, hips, and buttocks, caused by the protrusion of fat into the dermis. Almost 90 percent of all women develop cellulite at some point.
What is Blu-U® acne treatment?
Blu-U® is an effective, completely painless acne treatment used at our Tampa, Florida practice to treat patients with acne. This common and frustrating disorder will usually go away with time. However, persistent acne may require acne treatment or topical treatments and chemical peels. If you suffer from severe acne or acne scarring, Jeffrey A. Hunt D.O., R.V.S., R.V.P.I. can identify the best acne treatment for your case. To schedule a acne treatment consultation, contact our office in Tampa, Florida.
Contact the Vein & Cosmetic Center of Tampa Bay
We offer effective, non-surgical vein removal, as well as skin rejuvenation, pigmentation correction, and acne treatments to patients at our Tampa, Florida practice. Visit our patient gallery to view some of these fantastic transformations. If you would like to schedule a consultation with Jeffrey A. Hunt D.O., R.V.S., R.V.P.I. and find out which vascular or cosmetic treatments are right for you, contact the Vein & Cosmetic Center of Tampa Bay. We will be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.
The Doctors at Vein & Cosmetic Center of Tampa have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.